Our team have all been really busy lately, sometimes through boredom but mainly through passion, with some serious housekeeping and organising on our make-up drawers, boxes, containers etc, However, when considering our daily skin-care and make up routines, we should be taking steps to protect skin and products from the bacteria, particles and other pathogens we encounter every day, without even realizing.
Here are some handy hints to help create a clean, hygienic base for all your beauty products and tools.
- Wash your make up brushes.
This is such an easy task that delivers big benefits. It also is incredibly therapeutic and gives brushes that ‘new’ feeling again. Dermatologists recommend to give your makeup brushes and sponges a good, regular wash, at least once a month, to eliminate any bacteria that may be living there. Don’t forget to disinfect the handles of your brushes too.
Disinfect all cosmetic and beauty containers like compacts, lipsticks, lip gloss, mascara containers, creams, lotions, as this can minimize cross contamination. There are so many products on the market that can eliminate germs, and some of the scents are actually quite good so can make your make up area smell fab too.
- Another way to curb bacteria found on our makeup is to sharpen all makeup pencils before use. This includes eyeliner, lip liner or anything of the sort.
- When applying makeup or skin care…
Rather than putting your fingers into your favorite product jar, use a spatula or pour some of the product into your palm to avoid contamination. Use a clean brush or sponge to apply makeup—do NOT use your fingers. To really keep on top of your cleanliness regime, remember to clean the brush or sponge after use.
- Shop smarter.
Products with pumps are a great way to limit cross contamination. “If you’re using products that come in jars, you should avoid touching the product with your fingers,” says celebrity esthetician Sarah Akram. “Not only can fingers—especially under nails—contaminate your product with bacteria, but it can throw off the pH balance of your products,” said Akram. No need to seek out special spatulas; in a pinch, just use some plastic spoons from any take away or grocery store. Remember to clean after use.
- Skip the sampling.
Every health expert will tell you that cosmetic testers are a breeding ground for bacteria. If you find yourself strolling the aisles of a Sephora or major department store, stay away from the testers! See if there’s a travel size you can purchase, or if there are sealed samples you can take home to try.
- But most importantly, strengthen your immune system by eating a well balanced diet, exercise and plenty of sleep.
Stay healthy xx
Source for article newbeauty.com – by Aly Walansky.jpg" width="100%" />
Have you got your Valentines look sorted for your date night or are you heading out on the town?
Well we have you covered at Beauty BLVD with our Valentine’s Tutorial where you can use your fave Beauty BLVD products to add some glitter and sparkle to your look.
Whether it’s a bold statement lip, glitter and shimmer or a high shine finish we’ve got you! We have teamed up with make-up artist, Zoe Mountford to achieve this look which will make anyone weak at the knees this valentines.
Make sure you check her out over on Instagram @zoemountford and from there you will see her YouTube link in her bio.
So let’s get started. . . . ❤ ❤
1.We all know we need a good base before any make up application. Whether it’s for your face, lips or eyes. So firstly, make sure you apply an eyeshadow primer to your eyelid. Don’t worry if you don’t have one because we have a little make up hack for you… DID YOU KNOW you can also use a small amount of concealer over your eyelid which will also create a great base, acting as a primer for your eyeshadow.
2. Apply a soft pink eyeshadow shade of your choice through your crease as your transition shade.
3. Apply a darker pink eyeshadow shade of your choice, to your outer crease and outer eyelid area to darken slightly.
4. Now choose a neutral toned eyeshadow and apply this over the inner part of your eyelid.
5. This is one of the best bits…. Apply our Beauty BLVD Molten Metal Glitter Eyeshadow in the shade Emelisse all over your eyelid and blend over with your finger.
6. Now apply your favourite Mascara to achieve your desired lash effect.. fullness, length or curl.
7.Apply your ‘I Can’t Live Without Foundation and Concealer’ and blend with a beauty sponge or brush. Whichever works best for you.
8. Set your under eyes and T-zone area with a translucent setting powder. You can do this using a power or fan brush.
9. Let’s add some glow to the look by applying bronzer, adding warmth back into the skin and use a shimmery highlighter to highlight the tops of your cheekbones. (If you want add abit more shimmer use your finger to add some highlighter to the corner of your eyes and dab a very small amount on your cupids bow.)
10. Back to the eyes… apply your first pink transition eyeshadow along your lower lash line with a fluffy brush for a soft smoke.
11. Lip liner is key for a bold lip, make sure you apply this first before following with your chosen Beauty BLVD Mattitude Lip Liquid shade. Zoe has used the shade Vicious in this look but Damn Fine and Parasol would also look fab for this look. Apply this over your bottom lip first and finish your application by adding this to your upper lip last.
12. To finish, apply our Beauty BLVD Diamond Lip Gloss in the shade Adorn, starting in the centre and blending out for a high shine finish.
Lastly, get ready to pucker up and show ‘em what you’ve got 😘